10 photos to Inspire you to travel to The Philippines
With more than 7000 islands, you're sure to find the tropical paradise that you're looking for in the Philippines. Diverse landscapes, white sand beaches, limestone cliffs and untouched coral waters all await.
1. The Amazing Beauty of The Philippines
Breathtaking. Coron is the top of my list of most beautiful destinations I have seen with my own eyes. It truly does look just like the pictures.
2. WHITE SAND BEACHESYou can find this beach on Sumilon island off the coast of Oslob. As the seasons and tides change, so does the shape of the sandbar! Make a day of it and visit Tumalog Falls (pictured below) and Oslob to swim with the Whale Sharks.
3. INEXPENSIVE LUXURY
We stayed at these overwater bungalows for $45 USD - breakfast included! They also allowed free use of their kayaks, infinity pool and SUP boards. Underwater Garden Resort - Coron.
4. Incredible Landscapes in The Philippines
It's hard to believe the Chocolate Hills on the island of Bohol are a real place. There are around 1500 hills that cover an area of 50 sq km (20sq miles). Climb up to the lookout point and see this view everywhere you turn your head.
5. UNDERWATER ADVENTUREHead to Donsol or Oslob (pictured below) to swim with whale sharks. These majestic creatures are native to the rich waters here, and thus are easy to find. Unfortunately, the growing popularity of such a tourist attraction means that dozens of people are dumped into the ocean every hour to have the turn at swimming next to these gentle giants. Although advised to keep your distance, this "bucket-list item" is probably getting to be close to the experience of petting tigers in Thailand.
6. Privacy in The PhilippinesLooking to get away from it all? The Philippines offers some of the most remote picturesque places on the planet. The image below was taken at Sanctuaria Treehouses on the island of Busuanga (known for Coron Town) in Palawan. Rent a motorbike in Coron Town or arrange for transportation and head 90km up the coast to hear nothing but the sounds of nature and to see more stars than imaginable.
7. ExplorationPull a few friends together and this local boat can be yours for the day for a total cost of $50 USD. Equipped with Captain/Chef, point to a map and off you go to explore one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Leaving from Coron Town on Busuanga, with your own private boat you're able to go anywhere you want and stay as long as you like!
8. Waterfalls in The Philippines
Looking to feel like a fairy in Fern Gully? Me too! To experience this shot in person head to Tumalog Falls about 2 hours south of Cebu City. Make a day out of it and swim with the Whale Sharks in Oslob. Looking for more waterfalls?
9. Flora and Fauna in The PhilippinesWith something new to see with each turn of the head, you're sure to feel far from home. Be adventurous and try new fruits and stop and look at the small things- like a flower on the side of the road. Just be sure not to touch anything!
10. Sunsets in The Philippines
Pictured below is early evening on Alona Beach in Panglao. I got up from our dinner table on the beach ($15 total for 2 people with drinks) to take a quick pano with my iPhone.
All the pictures in this post are from Busuanga & Coron, Bohol & Panglao, Oslob, Cebu and Sumilon Island. The exciting thing is that hardly scratches the surface of the beautiful places to visit in the Philippines! For more magnificent limestone scenery, head to El Nido and Puerto Princessa. A surfer? Check out Siargao Island. Don't miss the Mayon Volcano displayed on the Philippine Peso or head to the Banaue Rice Terraces! So much to do, so little time. Welcome to travel.